It is going to be the ant above plus some text either reading "Ms. Casanova's Library" and then also "From the desk of Ms. Casanova".

I have been using "FUTURA" Font for everything- including my weekly newsletter that I made in pages (It is still in major draft mode) called the PICNIC PRESS :)

I just ordered pads of paper that have gingham border and plan to stamp the "Desk" stamp on the bottom of each page - so that my "notes home" with my students are all distinct and matching - something I am working on this time around is improving parent communication and I think this will really help. I opted for no personalization on this notepad so I can stamp them myself. :)
(Obviously it won't say "Deb Armstrong - haha)
I am still waiting on certain things I am pining after (Like wire bins for my library) because of how high the cost is (I mean 18 book baskets at 11 dollars each is EXPENSIVE!) and I want to find out what kinds of things the school might have in storage for me to use and maybe how much they might be willing to reimburse me - or maybe even making a wish list for parents? We'll see.
Last but not least - I am ORDERING MY ANT FARM RIGHT NOW. I went for the "Giant Version" becuase it's a lot bigger with not too much larger of a price. And, of course, I ordered some books about ants for my library.

-The Little Red Ant and the great big crumb
(a spanish fable from Mexico in an illustrated version)
-A "Let's read and find out" science book about Ant cities (LOVE THESE!)
-A book called "Hey little ant" about a bug who is almost squished - but then who talks back!
-The life and times of an ant (little fact book that has great pictures!)
I am steering clear of any ants that are scary or too buggy - but I do want my students to take pride in our little ant farm of a classroom, to learn about how to coexist with other creatures and to work hard as a team just like our mascot!
(side note: family gets in town today and can't wait to show them my ROOM!)
Ana, there is this book that you can use for 100th day of school about ants. I used it when I did my field basing in kindergarten before I student taught. The book is called "One Hundred Hungry Ants" by Elinor J Pinczes.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, I'm working on getting book baskets too... ugh I've already probably spent my first paycheck buying things to get ready, but like you said in your recent post...it's an investment :) Goodluck!