Tuesday, August 11, 2009

first day

-made so many friends at school!
-got my class list - already fantasizing about meeting them and learning about their likes, dislikes, personalities - some cooool names. only 11 kids!
-more library work today - i have too many books - is there such a thing?
-sore throat coming on? i need airborne!

fruits of my efforts tonight after dinner (yes, i am already bringing work home):



It's a glyph assignment i am sending home in their letter from me (click on the image for a larger version.) I have clip art for them to put (if you are a boy use a watermelon slice, if you are a girl use an ice cream cone) to decorate plates. These food items will be blown up on my SECOND GRADE IS PICNIC PERFECT bulletin board with things like "Science" and "Georgia studies" on them. the first day we will sit on a picnic blanket on the floor for an ice breaker and they will share their plates. i also asked them to draw one more thing on the plate that's just about them which wasn't on the list - to make it personal.

I'M SO EXCITED!
I am sending home paper plates in their take home letters tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Awww Ms. Casanova, you're too cute. :) I love the letter!

    ReplyDelete