Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gratitude

I am so grateful to be on this journey today!

IT is 8:16 on Tuesday morning and I'm about to head to school for the first time with all of my fellow teachers to begin preplanning and preparing for the year. I can't believe how quickly time has flown - how fast the summer went, how quickly just the past month of july has gone, and how it feels like just yesterday that I was even graduating from Curry or moving down to Savannah.

I really thought this day would never come. With my decision to work as a nanny last year in town in lieu of teaching, and then the economy's tough turn once I began job searching in the early spring of 2009 I had a few weeks where I was wondering if maybe I wasn't meant to teach, if maybe there was something else in store for me - I kept hitting brick walls - finding only part time teaching jobs, hearing on the news and reading repeatedly in the paper that there were hiring freezes indefinitely in my part of town, and as upsetting and frustrating as it was - the year detour (and it was an incredible detour at that - hardly a "plan b") after graduate school has made me all that more excited, possibly prepared and positive that this is exactly what I have wanted to do, and is exactly where i wanted to be!

I am so thankful for all of the support I have received from friends and family, for everyone's constant encouragement and excitement and I am so ready for this next chapter of my life!

I am so excited to MEET these other teachers. Who knows - this morning I could be meeting someone for the first time who ends up being a lifelong friend and colleague! Someone just like me who is starting out - or maybe someone who has been doing this for a long time and who wants to take me under their wing!

Wish me luck - here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment